We are officially halfway through our first trip and we haven't driven each other too crazy. We have definitely had our moments, though. A few times I have wondered if we were going to make it through the whole trip without aborting the mission.
Today we drove into Grand Teton National Park and took a beautiful 3.2 mile hike to Phelps Lake. Jack did exceptionally well, he has become quite the trooper when he finally gets going. Matthew on the other hand, makes it to about the halfway mark and then goes into whine mode. "I can't walk. My feet hurt. My back hurts. My stomach hurts. Someone needs to carry me because I can't move another inch." Amazingly he always ends up making it to the finish line. When we started our hike Jack was worried about seeing bears. Matthew was just the opposite - he REALLY wanted to see one. This is what motivated him to keep going on this hike. I told him that he needed to be on the lookout for bears. He was extremely disappointed when we got back to the visitors center without seeing one. I was very happy that we hadn't come across one. I want to be in the safety of my car if I have to see a bear. The only wildlife we saw was a deer, which was fine with me. Deer don't scare me, but bears terrify me. We had a late lunch, drove through the park a little more, then headed into Jackson to go to the movies. The boys have been dying to see Cars 2, so we took them to see that. When we drove up to the theater Jack says, "that doesn't look like a movie theater." I don't think he's ever been to a theater that shows less that 18 movies at a time. I have seen the first Cars movie a million times because it used to be Jack's favorite movie and he would watch it almost every day. I liked this one much better. If you have kids, go see it.