The long drive to Durango was pretty uneventful. The boys got along much better during this leg of the trip. As usual there was the "when are we going to be there" questions and I have to admit I was wondering the same thing. There isn't a whole lot to see between Arizona and Colorado. Thank goodness for iphones and ipads! The highlight of our drive was stopping at the Four Corners so that we could all stand in Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico at the same time. I could have done without the clay mud we had to drive and walk through to get there though. It stuck like glue to everything. They really need to pave that parking lot. We stopped at lovely Denny's for dinner because we didn't have very many options in the town closest to the Four Corners. Then it was on to Durango in the rain. It is so much fun driving at night in the rain. Ha ha. At least I was just the passenger.
The Serkin Family at Mount Rushmore
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Day 3 - Driving to Durango
The long drive to Durango was pretty uneventful. The boys got along much better during this leg of the trip. As usual there was the "when are we going to be there" questions and I have to admit I was wondering the same thing. There isn't a whole lot to see between Arizona and Colorado. Thank goodness for iphones and ipads! The highlight of our drive was stopping at the Four Corners so that we could all stand in Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico at the same time. I could have done without the clay mud we had to drive and walk through to get there though. It stuck like glue to everything. They really need to pave that parking lot. We stopped at lovely Denny's for dinner because we didn't have very many options in the town closest to the Four Corners. Then it was on to Durango in the rain. It is so much fun driving at night in the rain. Ha ha. At least I was just the passenger.